Tips From Our Members
Fishing Unfamiliar Waters
- Tips on Locating Bass on unfamiliar lakes and rivers. Don't just rely on "hot spots", follow these simple steps when going to a new body of water.
Fishing Lk. Lillinonah, CT
- Tips on the seasonal patterns for both largemouth and smallmouth bass on this impoundment on the Housatanic River Chain.
Rat Fishing for Bass
- Jim provides his insight into fishing the "slop" using baits that skim the surface and provide heart-stopping topwater action.
Troubleshooting Tournament Bass
- Greg Trass shares his experience of what tactics to take when preparing to fish a tournament.
Fishing the Incredible Slug-go
- Mark is deadly with a soft twitch bait. Here he gives tips on how to rig the bait, the proper equiptment, and how and where to use these versatile lures.
Jig Fishing for Bass
- An article from Bass Techniques magazine describes some tactics and tips for fishing jigs for bass.
Lk Hopatcong - NJ's Best Bassin'
- Mark Scocco highlights top patterns for bass on Lake Hopatcong, NJ's largest lake.
Topwaters on Crosswind Points
- Nick Albano explains how to approach and fish windy points with topwater chuggers.
Bass Fishing and the Internet
- Mark explains how the Internet can help you to put more fish in the boat and be a better bass angler.
The Explosive Zara Spook
- Bob explains how to fish this exciting topwater bait that produces big fish and explosive strikes.
How to Winterize your boat
- Mark reviews the proper procedues to take when preparing your boat for a long winter storage.
How to properly store your gear for winter
- Mark explains the attention that should be paid to properly storing that expensive fishing gear for the winter.
On the Trail
What the Pros Look For in Practice
- An article from On the Trail Magazine, Ken Cook describes what the pros look for when they practice for competition.
Member Tips will be updated often so remember to check back!
All contents created 1997 by Mark B. Scocco.